Mercedes Benz X Class Launch
Mercedes Benz Melbourne, Victoria
Period: November 2017
Client: German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
Subject: Conference, Gala Dinner
A bilateral discussion between Germany, Australia and the wider Asia-Pacific region involving blue chip business leaders, diplomats and politicians exploring new trade and investment opportunities at Crown Perth.
Our Task Was
NEXTGEN was briefed to improve on the previous years’ events with a spectacular opening dinner, 2 day conference, poolside bbq party and post conference event at The Perth Mint. During the discussions regarding the style, look and agenda of the event it was decided the dinner and plenary events were to be special with the installation of widest curved screen seen in the recently built.
Our team, headed by Guy McGregor went straight to work as we were appointed in July for a early November event, which meant there was no time to lose and much to plan and execute.
There were many stakeholders to consult: Ministry of Finance, Events team, Host city delegation, all of whom had specific needs and sought specific outcomes.
- After viewing the meeting spaces, we designed an event that size and calibre by allocating and mobilising suitable options.
- As the event developed the dinner changed to higher importance before the two conference days along with the inclusion of the largest curved ultra screen ever seen in Crown,, allowing the creation of two spectacular looks.
- Our multi-media team got to work on creating spectacular 8K ultra screen backgrounds as well as an exciting conference opener.
- Our collaborative approach with stakeholders and clients paid off with screen content, floral arrangements, performer selection, stage look and feel, signage, sponsor acknowledgements being developed in unison.
- We identified the limitations of Perth resources for an event of this type.
- Protocol of federal and international delegations required a considered and sensitive approach in our methodology. included a seamless change to a gala dinner reset between the two conference
During the conference wrap, Senator the Hon. Matthias Cormann exclaimed: ’I got what I wanted, a big screen’’.
- Many delegates who regularly attend WEF style events commented how this event was ‘ up there’ in quality of finish, organisational planning and high production values.
- NEXTGEN have been recommended to the organising committee for the next Asia-Pacific Regional Conference.
- Our client was ecstatic with the result, where attendee numbers topped out over the expectation, new sponsors came on board a week out from the event, all international delegation needs were catered for and many business and political collaborations were solidified.
Experience our fresh approach, positive attitude and sound processes to deliver seamless event outcomes on events large and small, allowing delegates to expand networks, clarify deals and enjoy themselves. Please connect with us so we may create something amazing for you.