Siemens Mindsphere Launch 2018
Swinburne University, Hawthorn, Victoria
Swinburne University of Technology cemented its reputation as a world leader in advanced manufacturing by securing a $135 million industrial software grant from engineering giant Siemens.
The grant is being fulfilled to digitalise Swinburne’s Factory of the Future, creating Australia’s first fully Industrial 4.0 facility. Nextgen was called upon to assist with the installation and event elements of the launch.
Our Task Was
This project consisted of two parts: 1. a presentation explaining Mindsphere at Swinburne with an opportunity to mingle; 2. practical demonstrations of Mindsphere at Swinburne’s cutting edge Factory of the Future which was upgraded with two permanent installations: Ideation and Realisation suites.
The lead time for this project involving an installation and a live event component was not ideal, as options, ideas and priorities require careful evaluation and decisions to be made with time to select and build items as well as create specific content. The experienced Nextgen team gathered their extensive activation experience to assist Siemens and Swinburne design and deliver the components.
- The presentation was conducted in a large lecture theatre that required conversion into a smart future-looking space allowing for corporate presentations with a signing ceremony.
- Guests chatted about the presentation and networked in the atrium space transformed with fresh floral centerpieces placed on high tables. A musical trio providing some relaxation with ample food and drink distributed.
- In the Factory of the Future, the attendees were briefed about the practical active elements of the Mindsphere software and encouraged to discover the cutting-edge hardware and meet the team at Swinburne.
- We created a new Ideation suite located upstairs in the dome furnished with cutting edge upright writing tablets, new discussion table, task chairs, LED mood lighting and new ceiling feature
- Also installed was a Realisation suite in the Factory of the Future complete with touchscreen workbenches allowing clever collaboration, a 4 metre wide seamless monitor wall for visual representations.
CEO of Siemens Australia, Keith Ritchie was ecstatic with the high quality finishes employed and the smooth delivery by our team.
- The success of the event and installation components enabled the Siemens and Swinburne relationship to be strengthened.
- The Ideation and Realisation suites installed at Swinburne are unique collaborative working environments that are actively being used today.
- The launch event introduced the Factory of the Future industrial facility at Swinburne to a new selection of organisations keen to develop improvements for their processes using Mindsphere.
Please connect with NEXTGEN for more information about what is achievable for your event. In this project NEXTGEN shared their immense experience by offering innovative design and attention to detail.and look forward to creating an event experience for you that is more than was expected using the latest technologies.
Let’s work together.
Tell me more about your project.
To take your event to the next level, please connect us on 1300 792 922 or complete the enquiry below. We specialise in event technical audio visual, creative ideas with trusted execution. Allow us to provide you with a tailored proposal for our services.