BMW Melbourne Brand Activation
Crown Casino Riverwalk, Melbourne
Period: February 2017
Client: BMW Melbourne
Subject: Brand Activation
For the second year in a row, the NEXTGEN team headed by Guy McGregor was appointed by BMW Melbourne to activate the space in front of Crown Towers for the 2017 Lunar New Year celebrations.
Our Task Was
An opportunity to design and deliver a display showcasing an exciting BMW i8 utilising a 360 degree location. It was to withstand wind, rain, probing patrons over two weeks, functioning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The core message was to feature an innovative car as the centrepiece of the stand.
We began the process by researching shapes, colours and design elements of Chinese culture with a mindset of retaining standard rigging elements for the structure. as much as possible. From there, NEXTGEN designed and manufactured some custom elements to enable the unique curves and shape. During the 3D design process, we considered all viewing angles, aesthetics and ensuring all unsightly elements of cabling and fixtures could be hidden with fabric over and under the structure.
- The foundation of this display was a custom round stage dressed with red fabric swagging and red lycra wrapping, custom draping, highlighted with floods and decorative lighting.
- Lighting was controlled by a Grand MA, our ultra bright LED panels were fed by our Coolux media server, performing flawlessly over the two week period.
- With over 15,000 channels of DMX, we quickly determined the transmission of lighting control would be best served over Art-Net.
- Close coordination with Crown was imperative, as we arranged a 13 Tonne crane, tow trucks onto the site, requiring risk and safety management along with onsite public safety management.
- The striking design was installed with precision timings to a high standard over two day build.
Seen by over three hundred thousand patrons, the Head of Marketing at BMW Melbourne, Laura Meagher commented: ‘This looks amazing, well done!”
- Engagement of the general public with the BMW brand was increased resulting in more enquiries at the dealers.
- This feature display at the main city facing entry point to Crown, was highly visible to patrons travelling from Southgate, Southbank and CBD.
- As a showcase of NEXTGEN methods and talent, the execution of this project was a triumph.
The team at NEXTGEN has the expertise and experience to deliver for your event using the same processes outlined guided by our principles. We welcome your enquiry as all projects are considered carefully.